The FireStar® Models 540 and 550 fire-rated counter shutters satisfy the demands of applications that require certified and labeled fire protection for your property, as well as a pleasing appearance. Wayne Dalton’s innovative and exclusive design provides lift-up operation that is extremely easy to test and does not require tools to reset the mechanism. As an added bonus, the design offers very quiet and smooth functionality.
These shutters, which are for openings up to 112 square feet, are compact and pleasing in appearance while permitting frequent opening and closing with optimal fire protection. The FireStar® counter shutter can be drop-tested easily and reset in a matter of seconds at any time; no tools or service technicians are required. FireStar® Models 540 and 550 counter shutters have been tested and approved to meet the requirements of well known agencies, such as Underwriters Laboratories and Factory Mutual, and conform to NFPA Standard 80.
Key Product Features
- Max Width: 16’
- Max Height: 9’
- Max Steel Gauge = 20
- Galvanized (Model 540) or stainless (Model 550) steel
- UL or FM Rated; conforms to NFPA Standard 80
- Easily tested and reset
- Non-tension release
Sleek 2-piece guide assembly provides better aesthetic appeal and allows for easier installation.
Options & Accessories
- SmokeTite™ UL-Labeled smoke and draft control package.
- Single fusible link cable routing. Available with left-hand or right-hand operation.
- FM label option to include hood with steel baffle
- Fire-rated counter top
- WayneGard release system
- Horns and strobes
- Smoke detectors
- Vision: FireLites
- Manual lift up
- Chain hoist with gear drive reduction
- Wall crank box
- Motor operation with electrical or pneumatic sensing edge
RAL Powder Coat
Wayne Dalton also offers approximately 200 powder coat options to complement the exterior colors of a building.