Our DS Series Roll-Up Sheet doors are designed to be versatile, durable and easy to operate. Each door in the DS Series is constructed of 26-gauge, galvanized steel and features automatic door stops, a steel axle to support the door curtain and counterbalance system and oil-tempered steel springs for smooth cycle performance. With a variety of colors, options and sizes to choose from, these doors will fit almost any commercial application.
The heavy-duty Model DS-350 has statewide Florida product approval for wind load protection up to 190 mph. This door is ideal for commercial applications with openings up to 16’ wide by 16’ high. Heavy-duty 13-gauge guides attach to 8-gauge wall angles to give maximum wind load protection. Installation to masonry or steel is quick and simple with no special preparation or overhead tracks needed.
Key Product Features
- Max Width: 16’
- Max Height: 16’
- 26-gauge steel
- Wind load available up to ±34 psf (190 mph)
Wind Load Information
- Corrugated top sheet assembly forms a strong torque cylinder for strength and easy operation, and conceals the spring mechanism.
- Polypropylene anti-wear strips on continuous guides for sliding metal parts, providing quieter operation and longer service life.
- Cast windlocks are riveted to curtain as required for wind load rating.
- Axle casting assembly holds constant door tension, and allows easy adjustments. Heavy-duty steel bracket plates rigidly support axle, spring and door.
- Drum wheel is deep-drawn galvanized steel with 1-5/16" steel bearings.
- Bottom bar assembly includes heavy-duty steel angle, extruded aluminum bottom bar and replaceable tubular-type vinyl astragal.
- Slide-bolt assemblies made of heavy-duty steel lock the closed door from inside at the bottom corners. For added security, both slide bolts accept padlocks. Exterior curtain lock also available.
- Wind load door guides are formed from 13-gauge galvanized steel and install readily to masonry, concrete, or steel construction.
- Automatic door stops prevent door from rolling up past header.
- Tempered steel springs are engineered to counterbalance different door sizes and weights for smooth, easy operation and long service life. Both springs are clip-welded to the axle for correct location and extension.
- Cam-action spring tensioning device allows easy adjustment of spring tension
- Heavy-duty steel axle supports door curtain and counterbalance system.
- Heavy-duty guide – 13-gauge galvanized G section and 8-gauge galvanized wall angle attached to wood, steel or masonry jambs
- Locks: curtain, two-bolt double shackle or cylinder
*Wayne Dalton uses a calculated door section R-value for insulated doors.
Options & Accessories
- Viewlights (non-insulated doors only) - allows occupants see outside without opening the door
- Insulation featuring two layers of aluminum mylar film laminated to two layers of heavy-duty polyethylene air-bubble material. An R-value* of 4 helps control heat gain/loss. Includes flexible vinyl top and side draft stops as weather seals between the door and the building.
- Electric operator kit adapts any door to motorized operation
- Steel mounting plates provide lateral extension of jambs
- Manual lift
- Direct-drive chain hoist for door sizes up to 12’x12’
- 4:1 reduce-drive chain hoist available for door sizes up to 12’1”x16’0
The Teal, Tangerine, Maroon, and Purple colors have a 10-year warranty against chalk and fade. All other door colors have a 20-year warranty against chalk and fade.