Featuring CFC and HCFC-free polyurethane foam insulation, Models 5155 and 5255 are available with two different levels of thermal performance. The ThermoMark™ 5255 is rated with a U-value of .0616 (R-value* of 16.22), while the ThermoMark™ 5155 has a U-value of .0825 (R-value* of 12.12).
The ThermoMark™ 5155 and 5255 both feature hot-dipped galvanized steel construction that is pre-painted prior to manufacturing with a two-coat system of polyester paint with a finished coat (includes primer). The inside and outside skins are roll-formed and separated with a thermal break to eliminate thermal conductance. Hinge locations have 20-gauge continuous back up plates for fastening. The bottom astragal is a two-piece bulb-type astragal to be attached to the interior skin. ThermoMark™ Models 5155 and 5255 section ends have end caps of 18-gauge hot-dipped galvanized steel, and a between-section joint seal is standard.
*Wayne Dalton uses a calculated door section R-value for insulated doors.
Key Product Features
- Max Width: 20’2” (5155) and 26'2" (5255)
- Max Height: 20’1”
- 27-gauge exterior steel
- Polyurethane insulation, R-value*=12.12 (5155) and 16.22 (5255)
- 1-3/8” section thickness (5155) and 1-7/8" (5255)
- Continuous steel strips for hinge attachment
- Stucco embossed exterior with pinstripes
*Wayne Dalton uses a calculated door section R-value for insulated doors
- Stucco steel back panels for aesthetics and easy cleaning
- Hot-dipped, galvanized steel wrap-around end caps add strength, rigidity and long life
- CFC- and HCFC-free polyurethane foamed-in-place insulation
- Sound absorbing insulation makes door quieter in operation; reduces wind rattling
- Two-coat, baked-on polyester finish makes surface virtually maintenance free
- Bulb-shaped bottom seal remains flexible even in extreme cold to help keep the bad weather outside.
The ThermoMark™ 5155 and 5255 meet IECC® requirements for maximum U-factor of operable fenestrations (2015 Section C402.4) with a 3rd party certified tested value of less than 0.37. ThermoMark™ 5155 and 5255 also meet the ASHRAE 90.1 and IECC® requirement for maximum air leakage for fenestration assemblies (2015 Section C402.5.2 Garage doors) with a 3rd party certified tested value of less than 0.40.
Insulated Vision Lites allow for visibility while maintaining security. Full-view sections allow for maximum natural light and visibility
Options & Accessories
- Chain hoist operation
- Motor operation
- High cycle springs (25k, 50k, 100k)
- 3” track
- Solid shafts
- Perimeter weather seal
- Broken cable devices
- Sensing edges
- Photo eyes
- Special track designs
These models are available with the TruChoice™ Color System, Wayne Dalton’s custom painting process that offers more than 6,000+ colors.
Online color swatches are only digital reproductions of actual standards and will vary in appearance due to differences in monitor and video card output. These digital representations should not be used to finalize color selection(s).